Getting started with TeleTails is a breeze. Here’s how to begin:
- Download the TeleTails app on your smartphone from the Apple or Google Play store.
- Create an account
- Enable notifications (you don’t want to miss your vet trying to connect with you!)
- Link to our practice. Go to Add New Provider, enter the code VILVET and click the search button.
- You can then select the location that works best for you: Virginia-Highland, Westside, Decatur, etc.
When you need to speak with your veterinarian such as for a re-check appointment, go ahead and request a consultation! We’ll be in contact to set up a time that works for you and your vet. Keep your pet close by for the consultation, in case we need to have a look at them over video to assess their condition.
When Are Video Vet Visits Appropriate?
Video vet visits are often better than regular phone call because we’re able to see your pet and assess their demeanor, attitude, gait, and skin over video. Then, we can confidently prescribe medications and give you advice for their recovery. However, despite telemedicine’s convenience, it does come with its set of limitations, particularly with diagnosing internal medical conditions, orthopedic issues, or other internal problems.
Some great situations where we can use veterinary telemedicine include:
- A pet with a chronic condition such as arthritis or allergies
- Sudden, acute conditions that are not critical such as diarrhea or ear infections
- Minor issues such as sneezing or coughing
- A change in behavior such as lethargy or scratching themselves more often
What if My Pet Needs to Visit the Hospital?
If we don’t feel like we can assess your pet’s condition over video, or we feel that they would benefit from diagnostic work in the hospital, we’ll ask you to schedule a visit to our practice. If we recommend you come to see us after a video consultation, your in-hospital exam fee will be discounted by over 50%.
Have any other questions or concerns about our veterinary telemedicine services? Please call us today at (404) 924-8680.