Safe, Effective Cat & Dog Surgery in Virginia-Highland, GA
At our animal hospital in Virginia-Highland, we perform expert soft tissue surgery on cats and dogs to support their health and raise their quality of life. Each of our surgical procedures is performed with the utmost care and compassion for your pet’s safety and comfort. If your furry companion needs soft tissue surgery, contact us for a consultation at (404) 924-8680 or make an appointment online.
Surgeries We Perform
Almost every pet will undergo surgery at least once in their life. Usually it’s a spay/neuter procedure, but other pets may require different or multiple surgeries throughout their life in order to maintain their health and quality of life. No matter what surgery your pet needs, our vets, or those in our sister hospitals, can handle it.
Here are some common surgeries we perform:
- Mass removal
- Spay and neuter
- Foreign body removal
- Wound repair
- Cystotomy (bladder surgery)
- And more
Keeping Your Pet Safe is Priority #1
Regardless of what procedure your pet receives, their safety is always our number one concern. We take several safety precautions before surgery, and monitor your pet closely during the procedure to ensure their safety throughout.
Our safety protocols include:
- Pre-anesthetic blood work and exam to check for any underlying conditions that could affect anesthesia
- IV catheter which supplies fluids that keep your pet hydrated and help to regular their blood pressure
- Comprehensive monitoring with equipment that measures your pet’s body temperature, respiration rate, pulse oximetry, heart rate and rhythm, blood-oxygen levels, and more
- Dedicated technician to observe your pet for any signs of change so that we can act on them right away
- Pain medication provided before, during, and after surgery to minimize their discomfort
We’ll stay with them from start to finish, even as they come out of anesthesia, so they’re never left alone.
What People are Saying
My doggie is there now and I feel very good about the care that he is receiving. From the moment I brought him there I felt comfortable. I would highly recommend this place!!
For more information about our surgical capabilities, please reach out and contact us at (404) 924-8680.